Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Your Best Ever!

Last night, I made a chicken stir fry - this is not unusual.  I make it pretty regularly and the basic ingredients are usually the same - either white or dark meat chicken, tomatoes, and lots of fresh veggies.  But, the key is always the seasoning.  Each time I vary it with different herbs and spices, depending on my mood (and the cupboard).  Sometimes it's spicy, sometimes mild, sometimes lemony or tangy or garlicky.  Sometimes it's creamy - sometimes it's saucy or brothy.  Tonight, after the MOTH had finished making "yummy noises," I asked him what he thought.  He said "It's your best ever."  That's when I told him - it was seasoned entirely with fresh herbs from my garden.

A mixture of herbs picked fresh from the garden
Once he was done making fake "MEDIC!!!" jokes (haha), he was suitably and appropriately impressed.  I just feel happy and proud.  I did it!  I made my first meal with stuff from my garden and it didn't totally suck!  I can't wait until I can start replacing store bought ingredients with fresh tomatoes, peppers, and other veggies from the garden.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for that! And sorry for all the medics you'll put out of work with future crops. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! good one Melissa. Thanks for all your support. I continue to read your blog every day and always find something new and helpful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a good feeling when you can start to use your own ingredients... I'm also growing lots of veg for the first time and I'm looking forward to the next few months. Hopefully no medic needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. It's a great feeling. I saw a tiny little pepper growing on one of my pepper plants two days ago and got so excited I started jumping up and down like a dork. lol. My first veggie!

      Delete