Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pesto Chicken and Sauteed Zucchini-Pepper

Today, I harvested three Zucchini and a hot pepper.  But, most importantly, I harvested my first ripe tomato!

Okay, he's tiny.  But he's cute!
I decided to make some sauteed zucchini, orange peppers and tomatoes as a side dish along with the organic chicken breast I had marinated overnight in homemade pesto sauce.

I chopped up the zucchini, peppers, tomatoes and some basil to season the vegetables.

 

I started out by sauteeing onions and garlic in one pan (to go with the vegetables):


Meanwhile, I sauteed the shallots in a second pan (to go with the chicken):


Then, I added the some fresh chopped basil and hot pepper to the veggie pan:


And started browning one side of the marinated chicken breast in the other pan with the shallots:


Then, I added the orange peppers to the onions, garlic, pepper, and basil:


I continued to brown the other side of the chicken:


I added the sliced zucchini and the rest of the fresh basil to the veggie pan:


I added some more basil sauce to the chicken along with homemade stock:


Then, I added chopped tomatoes to the veggie pan, along with 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, a half teaspoon of sugar, and a dash of salt and pepper:


We had some leftover new potatoes from the other night, which I heated up and served with the chicken and veggies:


For dessert, we had the rest of the berry crumble I made a couple of days ago from a Martha Stewart recipe.  Her recipe was for blackberry crumble, but I made it with a mixture of blueberries and strawberries:


Although, I'm not generally a huge fan of berry desserts (I'm a chocolate person), this berry crumble was incredibly delicious.  I will definitely be making it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment