Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Hate Zucchini!

Or at least that's what the MOTH has been telling me for the past eight years.  So, when I decided to include a Zucchini plant in my garden, he was none too happy.

Poor innocent Zucchini plant - so maligned
Then, it started to grow and take over the yard:


And started producing blossoms:



Then, yesterday, I harvested these two babies:



I wanted to make sure my first zucchini dish was something really tasty - mainly so I could say "I told you so."  But I also didn't want to make anything too complicated - something to bring out the natural flavor.

I decided to cut them up into pieces ... 


And roast them in the oven with some tomatoes, onions, herbs, salt and pepper, hot peppers, garlic and a little white wine.


Right at the end, I mixed in a little Parmesan cheese and basil to finish off the dish.  I was hoping I would be able save some to take with me for lunch tomorrow:


Yeah - not happening.  By the end of the evening, the whole dish was gone ...  Apparently, we don't hate zucchini anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment